My flood sensor was disconnected from my alarm base and I keep resetting it. No info other than take out battery and replace which does not work. It sees the device but cannot connect to wireless network comes up. Thanks, Cannot find any support on this issue
Hi there, @Randomhero! Power cycling was a great step to take. Removing the battery and reinserting it should power on the device and allow it to reconnect to your Base Station. If this is not the case, try bringing it closer to the Base Station and also ensure the Flood Sensor is located indoors.
If there is no response from your Sensor, it may be that batteries need replacing. Try also, removing your Flood Sensor and re-adding thereafter. Here are the steps for removing the Sensor in the Ring app:
What if I need to remove my Contact Sensor (2nd generation)?
- In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap the sensor you wish to remove.
- Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove , then on the next screen tap Remove again.
- Remove the cover from the device and remove the battery from the device.
- Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the battery.
- The app will let you know the device was removed.
If this concern persists despite trying the steps above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.