Flood Sensor will not connect or reset

My flood sensor was disconnected from my alarm base and I keep resetting it. No info other than take out battery and replace which does not work. It sees the device but cannot connect to wireless network comes up. Thanks, Cannot find any support on this issue

Hi there, @Randomhero! Power cycling was a great step to take. Removing the battery and reinserting it should power on the device and allow it to reconnect to your Base Station. If this is not the case, try bringing it closer to the Base Station and also ensure the Flood Sensor is located indoors.

If there is no response from your Sensor, it may be that batteries need replacing. Try also, removing your Flood Sensor and re-adding thereafter. Here are the steps for removing the Sensor in the Ring app:

What if I need to remove my Contact Sensor (2nd generation)?

1. In the Ring app, tap Menu , then tap Devices , then tap Alarm Base Station , then tap the sensor you wish to remove.
  2. Tap the Gear icon on the top right corner, then tap Remove , then on the next screen tap Remove again.
  3. Remove the cover from the device and remove the battery from the device.
  4. Wait a few seconds and then reinsert the battery.
  5. The app will let you know the device was removed.

If this concern persists despite trying the steps above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks, I have done all this and we are still getting stuck at finish setup screen. Tried two different batteries, no luck.

Anything else? I’ve removed and try to add back every time it get stuck at Finish Setup. It
Blinks red three times when I turn it from
Unlocked to locked. I am a Protect Subscriber so a replacement should be covered? Do I just buy in store and return defective?

Here is the technical manual for the Flood Freeze sensor, with additional setup steps. If it continues to fail setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

The 3 red blink indicator is intended as it is indicating a tamper. :slight_smile:

Okay thanks for the info, I have that and the original box.

What’s the best way to move forward if it still doesn’t work? Should I just do a store swap or can someone authorize an rma?

If your Flood and Freeze Sensor will not connect to your Ring Alarm system, you can try resetting it. With the battery inserted, hold down the test button for at least 10 seconds. Try the setup process again after the reset with the Flood and Freeze Sensor near the Base Station to see if it will connect. If that doesn’t do the trick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.