Flood sensor notification sound bug

My flood sensor keeps “forgetting” the configured notification sound. I have set it to “siren” but it keeps doing the “spoken warning”. When I set the sound and test it, it works. But after some days or weeks the sound a) either get reset and I can see the “spoken warning” selected in the app even I never selected it or b) “siren” is still selected but when the alarm is triggered it plays the “spoken warning” anyway. (Please note that I am talking about the sound that the base station is playing.)

To me this seems to be a bug. And I would also like to point out again that the flood alarm notification needs not only bugfixing but also improvement : Allow more options when a flood sensor is triggered

I just had somebody forget to close the tap at the washing area. The alarm was properly triggered but nobody of us heard it for more than two hours. We live close to a river and I bought this sensor to get notified when flooding happens. We will probably all drown before hearing the alarm.

Hi @srudin. I recall you stating you are located in an unsupported region for Ring. When using the Ring Alarm and other Ring devices in an unsupported region, we can only provide basic troubleshooting steps and cannot guarantee the Ring Alarm and other Ring devices will function correctly. You can try these troubleshooting steps for your concern:

• Verify your Ring app and phone are up-to-date with the latest updates.

• Reboot the Base Station by quickly pressing and releasing the reset button on the back of the device with a paper clip or similar tool. DO NOT PRESS AND HOLD THE RESET BUTTON DOWN FOR MORE THAN ONE SECOND TO AVOID FACTORY RESETTING THE DEVICE.

• Remove the Flood and Freeze Sensor and add it again.

We also have this Help Center article here with information on the chirp tones and repeated notifications for the Flood and Freeze Sensor. I hope this helps.

I must adjust my statement:

The sensor is not “forgetting” the setting, it is indeed running the siren once. But as reported the notification is played only once and then repeated every 5min and these repeats are no longer using the configured setting but the “spoken warning” whatever setting is configured. I just noticed that because the sensor was triggered again and for once I was close enough to the main station to hear the first notification sound.

So let’s say a) was my mistake and restate b) so that the “spoken warning” is used in any repeated notification. All this would not happen if the notification would really trigger an alarm that sounds until stopped.

Rebooting the station is of course no help here. This is working as programmed by Ring, the problem is that it isn’t programmed to work the way I need it to. As I said already a sensor that triggers notifications that no one hears is useless.