Flood light turn on with Live View

I have two flood lights. At night when I go to live view, one of them turns the light on as well. The other one does not. Any idea which one is functioning correctly and how to fix the other?

1 Like

Hey @Bonemaro. You may have to toggle the lights on and off manually for the camera that is not prompting the lights to turn on when opening the Live View. You can do this by pressing the plus sign at the bottom right corner of the screen when accessing the Live View for the camera that doesn’t have the lights come on. From there, please monitor the camera to make sure the lights are coming on as they should, as prompting the device to do this the once may help for future.

Additionally, if this persists, you may need to look into more information on the light’s motion detection range as well to see if any adjustments need to be made. You can learn more about this in our Ring Help Center Article here and here.

So it’s normal for the lights to turn on when you go to live view? I would actually rather them not turn on, but if turning on is normal, I’m okay with that as well and won’t worry about the other one. Thanks for your reply.

1 Like

@BonemaroI’ve had several floodlight cams over the past two years. None of them turn on the flood light with live view. I have to turn the lights on and off separately. However, new floodlight cams have had a lot of new issues lately. Not sure if these are hardware or firmware issues. Most likely both…

@Bonemaro wrote:
So it’s normal for the lights to turn on when you go to live view? I would actually rather them not turn on, but if turning on is normal, I’m okay with that as well and won’t worry about the other one. Thanks for your reply.

@BonemaroI wanted to add that I just saw on another post that with iPhones, there is a setting that seems to allow the lights to turn on with the camera. So, if you have an iPhone, maybe you can control it with that. I have only android devices and do not have that option–wondering why it’s not available on android.

@Bonemaro wrote:

I too have an Android.

My floodlight camera is 3 weeks old and has the same issue everytime i look at live view then turn it off the floodlights come on and i have to manually turn them off im sure my neighbors arent happy with this any solution

Does anyone have a solution to this? I too have the same problem that the floodlight turns on as soon as I go into Live view.

1 Like

I had the exact same problem. I turned off motion detected lights, paused 5 secs, and re-enabled it. After that the lights did not come on during live view anymore.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the very same issue. I have two flood light cams and one is automatically turning on the lights when I go to live view which is frustrating me and my neighbor. Has anyone figured out a fix?

Hi neighbors. What type of phone are you using and what version of the Ring app is installed? This Help Center article here has some information on controlling you lights on your Floodlight Cam.

This is also happening to my flood cam, is it solved? Or I need to exchange the unit. I have a total of 5 units, but one of them is behaving this way.

Hi @user29480. Is the light coming on with the Live View at night or does this also occur during the day? Are you on am Android or iOS device when activating the Live View?

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring, i have a new Spotlight Plus. Whenever the motion activated lights toggle is set to on in the spotlights light setting, live view will turn on the spotlight at night. It will even fight with me in the midst of the live view turning the light back on after ive hit off at the bottom of the live view screen. Only oberve this at night, on and android phone.

Hi neighbors. I’m happy to chime in here. For your concern, the next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.