Flood light manual light won’t stay on

I have a floodlight camera that I want to use the light in manual operation. It is simple to turn the light on manually but I can’t figure out a setting to stop the light from turning off automatically. Please help.

Hi @jtjamhawk! When toggling the manual lights toggle in the Ring app, your lights will enable for only a set period of time. After some time, they will likely turn off. When toggling your lights, keep an eye on your Ring app screen for any duration controls that might pop up. Otherwise, the light duration can be changed within the motion settings to stay on longer, although I know that is not what you are looking for.

We’ve seen neighbors power the Floodlight Camera off then on, using a physical switch, resulting in longer illumination, but this is not intended use and should only be used for safety override or power cycling the Camera. Check out our help center article to learn more about manual lights control.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

I’ve been experiencing something similar. We have been going out at night to play basketball and the floodlight (connected via bridge) keeps turning off. It eventually detects motion again and comes back on but is very annoying and slow. I’ve tried turning on manually AND setting light schedule but it continues to turn off after a minute or 2.

Please help

I too am experiencing the same issues. Whether a schedule is set or you try to turn on all lights manually, the lights will eventually shut off within 1-2 minutes. EVEN if you set the off cycle to 5 minutes.

I think a software update should allow manual override allowing you to turn the lights on/off with the app. If it’s overridden manually any schedules or motions should not cause the lights to cycle on/off.

1 Like