Flood Light Camera won’t connect to WiFi network

My flood light camera won’t connect to WiFi. It’s been about a month now and I’ve gone through all the reconnecting steps. When it gets to the step where it tries to search for WiFi networks it just keeps saying “searching for WiFi networks” over and over for about 5 minutes until it just stops and shuts down the process on its on. My Ring doorbell connects perfectly fine without issues, so not understanding why my flood light camera won’t connect. Anyone have similar issues and/or a fix? I’m ready to just return this thing.

Hey @prestonjohnson59. Do no wifi networks show up when trying to connect to your home wifi network, after you’ve connected to the Ring AP? It’s possible that the router may be too far. You can test this theory if you have a wireless hotspot on your phone or someone you know does, as you can make sure the hotspot is near the Floodlight Cam, and when it is looking for wifi networks, see if the hotspot comes up. If not even the hotspot will show up in the nearby wifi networks, then let me know! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. Chelsea. I will attempt to connect the flood light camera again tonight and see what networks show up. Yesterday, when I went through the steps, once I accepted that the Ring app wanted to connect to the ring setup network, it searched for available wifi networks for about 5 minutes and nothing showed up. It just kept saying “searching for wifi networks” over and over again. I don’t know if my phone has a hotspot or not. I’ll have to look into that. But, I did order the Ring Chime Pro to see if that helps with extending the wifi range.

1 Like

@prestonjohnson59 Awesome, let me know how it goes! Do you have the Chime Pro already set up on your account and online? If not, make sure that the Chime Pro is setup first, and then plug it into the nearest indoor outlet that would be closest to the Floodlight Cam. This way, when you are setting up the Floodlight Cam, it should ask you to connect to the Chime Pro Network! :slight_smile:

The Ring Chime Pro should be delivered to me tomorrow. Once I get it, I’ll set it up through the Ring App. I will plug it into the closest outlet to the Flood Light Camera, which is in my garage about 10 feet below where the camera is mounted. I’ll start the setup process again on the Floodlight Camera and hopefully it picks up the Ring Chime Pro network. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks.

1 Like

@prestonjohnson59 Fingers crossed for you! Should be smooth sailing. I’ll be in office tomorrow as well, so please let me know. Talk tomorrow! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem with my floodlight cam. I changed routers and the back cam connected right away after I set it up. The front of the house one kept trying to connect to the wifi network and the wifi signal is strong in my phone but the Ring floodlight cam is not showing any netwok

Hi @Atomiccafe, happy to chime in here. Have you tried resetting your Floodlight Cam before attempting to reconnect it to your wifi network again? If not, I’d suggest giving this a try by holding down the setup button for at least 30 seconds. After that, try to set the Camera up again in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If that doesn’t do the trick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and offer more advanced support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I had the same issue and Ring support team confirmed that I have a defective unit.

I will get a replacement for the following reasons:
• I have an EERO mesh system with 3 routers covering over 5k sq feet. Excellent signal strength!
• Ring Door Bell and Stick up Camera were successfully installed
• I purposely placed 1 router directly underneath the flood cam, and it still would not connect. It stated along the lines that my router might be too far away. Really?! Router is literally in front of its nose

1 Like

Please follow the steps in our Help Center article here to reconnect your Ring device. If you’re still unable to reconnect the device, try a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. We have troubleshooting steps for setup failures here if you run into any errors. Should this issue persist, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . If you are outside of the US, please go here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Hi there, I got the same issue with you after I upgraded my wifi to mesh system. Did your problem solve?

I had the same problem, my floodlight cam wouldnt connect to our wifi - it wouldnt even find anything! That was on my Samsung phone so we tried on an iphone and it worked without any problems. Just thought I’d add this for others who are having problems.

1 Like

Hi @Eddie_mini. Thanks for sharing! Trying a different mobile device is a great troubleshooting tip. :slight_smile:

hello ive been having trouble with just my floodlight cam few weeks ago it said no wifi detected to we reset it & it started working again up till today was working at 5am & then poof nothing its only the floodlight cam my doorbell is fine :slight_smile: weve had floodlight cam for a while now but lately its been actting up anyone else having this problem ?? im about sick of the RING

Hi @user78566. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.