Flood light camera lens replacement?

I have a 3 year old flood light camera and the glass lens protector fell off causing the camera lens to fog up. Reached out to support but they were unhelpful and told me to buy a new product. Hopefully someone here can be of assistance. I’m surprised ring doesn’t offer parts that are so easily replaced, or maybe the do.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, I hate to buy a whole new camera when just the lens needs to be replaced

3 Likes

Hi @egleason. Please follow up with our support team if your Camera has any physical damage that is impacting its performance, such as damage to the lens. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and they can review any damage to your device and determine the best solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I would be happy if I could at least just replace the whole camera part without the lights. The lights still function beautifully and I know how to replace the LED bulbs… Very disappointed that I only need a new lens and can’t find one… Ring, we don’t have the funds to keep buying whole new products. Very un-thoughtful setup… again … money money money …

3 Likes

I have a 3 year old flood light camera and the glass lens protector is fuzzy causing the camera lens to be blurry. Reached out to support but they were unhelpful and told me to buy a new product. Hopefully someone here can be of assistance. I’m surprised ring doesn’t offer parts that are so easily replaced, or maybe the do.

3 Likes

Hi @user25428. Check out this post here, where another neighbor was able to fix this with a DIY method.

I have the same problem. These cameras last about two years before the protector pops off and the camera slowly blurs out. It is otherwise completely functional and it is very irritating and irresponsible for Ring to fail to address this problem with an alternative besides replacing the entire unit.

2 Likes

Same problem. Also reached out to customer support. Actually talked to someone in US. Same story. Buy a new camera with small discount. I thought I was paying for extended warranty but told it was out. I was also told I let it lapse. I have records it didn’t but didn’t matter.
Lense very cheap and easily replaced. Ring used to offer very good support but not anymore. Will probably be getting new system.

I’ve been having the same issue for a while now, good thing my subscription is about to end since it’s a waste of money to keep buying new units until Ring extends their warranty on these cheap lens’ or starts building better products.

I don’t understand why you suggest following up with customer support. All that is available is buying a new camera. Worthless support

1 Like

I am in the same boat on this floodlight camera. I have had mine for 3 years. The lens is bad on the outer part all of a sudden. All support could do is give me 40 percent off a new one. So “I asked am I supposed to just buy a new one every three years”? She said yes unless you purchase the lifetime warranty. It’s pretty crazy considering I have three ring devices all on service plans. But they can’t replace the camera that everyone’s having trouble with. So needless to say I am switching to a different camera service.

1 Like

Well, my Spotlight Cam (Gen1) got the blurs a few months ago. Finally got on a ladder and tried to clean, but the lense appears to be “hazed” . . . After 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with Ring, I found that the devise would have been covered under the Protect Plan (includes extended warranty coverage - who knew), but the standard 1year warranty on the device had expired on it BEFORE I purchased the ProtectPlus Plan. So, no coverage, just the 10% (Protect Plus discount) and another 35% discount . . . But check for extended warranty if you are on a Protect Plan and have this issue . . .

I see all the ring replies about contacting customer service. I did. They don’t really care. Lense replacement is easy but they want to sell new units only.
Won’t buy china products in future if it’s avoidable.

Im so frustrated, I also have the same problem and the extended warranty but since I have had the camara for 7 years it is not covered. The battery of the camara in the garage has failed, I didnt complain about it just figured out a way to keep it plugged in at all times, but this lens thing is ridiculous. Since both cameras are to old I might just look at a new company, maybe they have better features.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.