Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
P
Flawed camera automatic update prevents Hotspot connectivity
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
For several weeks I have successfully used three each, second generation indoor cameras as a remote security system. All three cameras operated through a Hotspot. Two days ago I found two of the cameras disconnected from my hotspot around the same time. Shortly afterward, I saw the third camera receive an update and then fail to reconnect. Repeated attempts to reestablish a Hotspot connection were unsuccessful. I contacted my cellular provider (Verizon) and spoke with one of their technicians to determine if any changes in Hotspot connectivity had changed and was told no changes had been accomplished in the last few weeks. I removed all the cameras and Hotspot phone to my residence for further diagnosis. All three could connect to my in house Xfinity supplied wifi. I also determined all three phones could not connect to two other Hotspot units residing on the same bench as the cameras. I had a fourth camera, new in the sealed box, which i was immediately successful in connecting to my original Hotspot. As soon as the camera was fully activated it started downloading an update. When done with the down load, it no longer would connect to my Hotspot. A call to "technical support" was absolutely useless. I now have four useless cameras and a location burglarized twice, with no security.

30-08-2023 08:50:49

Responses (3)

P
Several hours after posting I received camera updates through a secondary WIFI system. Those updates rectified the Hotspot connection issues. Thank you Ring!

31-08-2023 01:44:01

P
After another barrage of "updates", an update received @ 0923 hrs PDT on 9/4/23, rendered connectivity via hotspot no longer functional yet again.. I would call customer support on this issue but previous calls revealed they are clueless. Can someone, ANYONE, address this issue once and for all??

05-09-2023 11:36:41

T
Hi @pherdie. This is an issue that we can't really diagnose in the Ring community. As a test, I connected my device to a WiFi hotspot and had no issues. If you are having issues with this, you'll need to reach out to support so they can run some diagnostic tests. Please send us a private message on Facebook @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

08-09-2023 07:53:30

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

08-10-2023 07:53:58

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User