First Alert Zwave Smoke/CO Detector

I moved my Ring alarm system to a new house. Got everything connected but the First Alert Zwave detectors show wouldn’t connect. I did a factory reset on them and now they show as having joined the wrong network. How do I get them to join the network at the new house?

Try removing the zwave device from your Alarm setup, then re-adding. Even if you feel the Smoke/ CO Detector is not showing in your Ring app;

• open the Ring app Menu
  • choose Devices
  • select Alarm Base Station
  • tap Device Settings tile
  • select Advanced Options
  • choose the Zwave option under protocol adapters, and follow the in app steps to remove the device.

Here is also our installation article for more tips. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Marley,
Thank you for the suggestion. I followed the steps you provided, but it went into “Listening for device” mode and timed out without finding the devices.
Your suggestion to look at the installation article pointed to steps to install a Listener, not the First Alert Z-wave Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm. I don’t have Listeners, I bought the alarms.
I have four First Alert Alarms. 63214, 42111,26368, and 40918. All of the articles I read tell me to factory reset them, using the button on the top. There is no reset button on the top. First Alert says they do not give advice on how to connect the devices to the Ring Alarm network, they advise me to ask Ring or the Ring Community.
Please help - I really don’t want to buy 4 new Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms.
thanks,
Mark

I did that, every time I try to connect it the detector joins the wrong network.

Sorry about that. Here’s our Help Center article with steps on resetting your Alarm devices, including the Smoke/ CO Detector.

If those steps do not help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thank you. Again, it joins the wrong network. When this happens I’m told to remove the device and add it again. Same thing every time. Why does it keep joing the wrong Network???

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same thing. How do I get this to work?!

Hi @user64138. If you have tried the steps mentioned in this thread and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.