First Alert ZCombo - False Alerts

I have a total of 8 First Alert ZCombo (Gen 1) combo Smoke and CO detectors in my house. These detectors are all less than a year old, and were purchased at the same time as my main Ring System.

Since I installed the system I have had no-less than (3) of these detectors randomly trigger and generate false alarms. Naturally these go off in the middle of the night.

Several occasions, these units will generate a number of quick successive false alarms - faster than I’m able to clear (trying to keep the family from freaking out), answer the call from Ring Monitoring, and remove the batteries to prevent future false alarms. A few times this resulted in the FireDepartment being dispatched.

While I understand the intent of these units is to scare and wake up the family, and I appreciate the extremely fast response of both the Ring system and the monitoring team - my concern is the number of false alerts this is providing and the quality of the detectors.

My question is - is anyone else having these repeated issues with the FirstAlert ZCombo units? I will be calling up First Alert later this morning to request a replacement for the 3rd failed unit - and inquiring if they could just replace the remaining 5 original units.

At this point, I have absolutely NO confidence in these units - and my children are scared to death that that they will just randomly go off. I originally had a 20 year old hardwired DSC System with smokes that never have given me this much trouble.