Firmware won't stop updating

Hi all.
I have just purchased my ring doorbell and the setup was very simple until the firmware update. The doorbell is on charge and has been flashing white for 3 hours now. It should only take 5 mins so I have no idea why it won’t work. Can anyone help me with this problem

1 Like

Hi @Hally6791. Could you try rebooting the Doorbell by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds? After this time has passed, monitor the Doorbell to ensure that it is not showing this light pattern after a few minutes. If it continues to do this, if you could completely remove the Doorbell from your account and then re-add it, this may help as well! For removing the device, you will find this under the Device Profile > Device Settings > General Settings > Remove this Device. Let me us know if either of these help! :slight_smile:

Hi there I have tried those things and the doorbell is still not working. It just sits flashing blue then white then blue then white. I know it is meant to go off when it’s completed but it just does not change

Hi @Hally6791! If this is still occurring, and your device has not changed it’s status, I recommend reaching out to oursupport team who will be happy to assist with more in depth troubleshooting steps! :slight_smile: