Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Feature request - "vehicle detected" somewhat like package detection
motion-detector
troubleshooting
I, like many have found that the Ring Spotlight Cam Pro, does not report a person getting out of a vehicle in my driveway. I have my settings to record all motion, but notify only for person detected (we have pets that constantly trigger the notification otherwise). I have read the post from the Ring Team that this is by design as it is all one motion event and there is not multiple alerts per event. My question is could it not be possible in a future firmware update to have a large object such as a vehicle be detected in a similar manner as a package is at my Door Cam Pro? My Door Cam Pro gives an alert for the person approaching the door, and then I see the package alert, so the system has some discrimination ability apparently, even though it's the same event/recording. If the system could discriminate a large object such as a vehicle in a similar manner, that could be a notification triggering event even though it did not detect a person getting out of the vehicle (which I assume would be a more difficult thing to program). Vehicles, like packages are blocky in shape and usually all one color, unlike clothing on people. I've been a ring owner for about 1 1/2 years and so far this is my only real gripe, that I don't get notifications about people and cars in my driveway until they are at my back door (currently no ring camera there, but I have one coming).

20-10-2023 08:05:02

Responses (1)

T
Hi @user63122. As we value our neighbors' feedback, we've created a [Feature Request board](https://community.ring.com/c/products/feature-request-board/24). Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

23-10-2023 06:09:56

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User