Feature request: Allow Motion Alerts for specific zones while others just do recordings

It would be great to get alerts on one zone and be able to record only other ones.

My mailbox was broken the other day and do not have a recording of it since I do not want motion alerts for that area due to too much activity on sidewalk, my kids playing in my yard and sorrounding areas. I still want motion alerts for anyone who comes to my door so I made my zone do only my front porch area with the motion alerts turned on.

3 Likes

Or another possiblity is two be able to have the schedules be able to choose which zone it is for. It would be great if you could create different schedules for different zones. Example may be having motion alerts just near the front of your house during the day but having alerts for a bigger zone / zone 2 at night.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @apple2e, I will share this with the team!

1 Like

I’m looking for a similar feature. During the day I don’t want any motion of the street to trigger my Ring so I set up a zone that monitors the walkway to my house. At night I’d like to record any motion especially with all the car break ins.

Have the ability to have motion zones turned on or off with a schedule would be a great feature.

3 Likes

Is there any acceptance with getting this feature added to your roadmap and if so is there a timeline?

Hey @apple2e! We are always working to add more features and devices to our neighbors’ “Ring of security”. Rest assured, each and every feature request is shared with our teams to show and reinforce your interests. While we do not have any updates at this time, we will always do our best to keep the Community updated as new features or releases are being announced. :slight_smile:

Same here. I didnt want any motion alerts for my driveway, but when my car got vsndalized i didnt have a recording. This is a no-brainer feature. Prioritize it, crimes can be stopped!

I’m also looking for this feature. We had a theft in our front yard that didn’t get captured because it wasn’t in the zone for motion events. I expanded the zone and now get way too many alerts as it’s picking up some street and all sidewalk activity. I want to capture some of that activity, but not get alerts for all of them. But I would like to get alerts when something is closer to the house in a different zone.

This would be a great feature! I assumed it would be possible since you can name different zones. I want to record video of all motion that is in view of my Ring, but I only want alerts for those that are within my yard. When can we expect for this feature to be added?

Is there any update to this request? I had an event that was not even recorded the other day even though it was in my motion zone so I tried expanding my zone and was getting too many alerts due to headlights so had to make my zone the original size again. Just frustrating not having this abilitly.

Hey neighbors! Any updates on new product releases or new features will be shared in our News and Announcements board, so we’d recommend keeping an eye out there for any news. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there as well. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: