False fire alarm with no fire/smoke detectors on system

I have a Ring system set up with two outdoor cameras, multiple window/door sensors, and motion sensors. I have never had fire/smoke detection on the system. I had a false fire alarm at 6:30 in the morning, but fire departments was not dispatched. All firmware is up to date.

Any suggestions? Possible firmware bug?

Hi @ericjkrebs. Are you signed up for Professional Monitoring under the Ring Protect plan? You’ll need to be signed up for the Ring Protect Plus plan in order to get access to the Professional Monitoring. You can read more about it in our Help Center Article here. I hope that helps you get everything squared away! :slight_smile:

Yes, I have pofessional monitoring, but the title really says it all:

“False fire alarm with no fire/smoke detectors on system”

So I guess I wans’t clear enough.

• I have no fire/smoke detection components of my systems
  • False Fire alarm went off at 6:30 am (again no fire/smoke detection, so I don’t know why this alarm went off… since I don’t have those components)
  • Even with professional monitoring, the fire alarm did not cause a response (because there are no fire./smoke alarms to monitor)

Again, I have no fire components on my Ring system, yet I had a fire alarm.

1 Like

@ericjkrebs Can you share a screenshot of where you’re seeing specifically a fire alarm listed in your Event History in the Ring App? I’d be happy to take a look as you would need a Smoke & CO Listener or the First Alert Z-Wave Combo in order for a fire alarm to be detected on the Ring System.

There is no indication of an alarm going off in any of my alerts. The closest thing I have is the image attached. It shows that we entered the incorrec PIN, then the correct PIN to get the alarm to shut off. There is no other record in the “ALARM” history that shows this.

I don’t see anybody else with this issue when I do a google search, which is why I’m reaching out here. No fire/smoke alarm components, no indication that the alarm went off, but it did and we had to turn it off from the keypad as indicated in the screenshot.

1 Like

@ericjkrebs Thanks for sharing that. Can you please follow up with our support team directly on this matter? They’ll be able to pull up your account and take a deeper look at what’s going on here to ensure your system is working properly. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I had the exact same issue this morning at 5:00AM. No smoke detectors connected to Ring Alarm but it gave off a fire alarm some how. If you get any answers about this, would love to hear what it was.

Hi. Did you ever figure out what happened? We just had the same thing happen at 12:30am and it scared the crap out of us!! I called the monitoring company and they showed nothing. The alarm was going off and I think the smoke alarms were as well but I am not sure bc everything was a blur since I was still half asleep. I ran to the keypad and put in code and all the alarms stopped. But before I got the code entered, I heard it say, “fire! Fire!” We have a listener in our basement and our fire alarms are all linked together but are not through ring. I am so paranoid that it was a sign of something wrong but we do not see, smell, hear or notice anything at all.

Just had the same thing happen at 4:58am - no history of the alarm or anything in the app. No fire products on the system. Any more information here?

This just happened to me, no smoke detector installed. Any updates from Ring with reg. to this issue? Weird thing is the alarm does not show up on History.

Hi Neighbors. First, check your Event History to confirm the type of Alarm you had. If you have a Gen 2 Keypad, it is possible to dispatch the Fire Department using the one touch buttons on the side of the Keypad. You can also do this via the Ring app using the Red Shield Button in the upper right hand corner.

If you have confirmed that the above listed circumstances are not the case, please reach out to our support team to investigate this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

We had our fire alarm go off with a false alarm last night. 9 pm and we were watching tv and boom, it just went off… No smoke, no fire nothing…?
I see my detector battery is at half…
Ring called us and we stopped the trucks from rolling, glad we were home.
Whats up with this issue??

Hi @1219jmp. We do not have access to account information to be able to investigate your concern any further. It is best that you reach out to our support team, as they will be able to assist with this. Give our support team a call using one of the numbers available here.