False Alarms

Is anyone having random false alarms? Last week a motion sensor went off twice in the middle of the night. I unpaired it and reconnected it but it did not fix the issue. The next, day I switched my w motion sensors around and I have not had a false alarm since. Not sure how or why. Then tonight I had a false alarm on a door sensor with no one touching it. Is there known sources of interference that could be messing with the system?

Hey @Armored813 ! False alarms can be caused by Motion or Contact sensors that are not setup or installed correctly. Frequent causes of false alarms include:

• Not including entry/exit delays
  • Not mounting devices securely to the wall
  • Environmental factors, such as mounting a Motion Detector across from a heat source
  • Incorrectly setting the Motion Detector motion sensitivity settings
  • Arming in Away mode when you’re at home

Take a look at our help center article about preventing false alarms to learn about some steps you can take to prevent this from happening again in the future. If this concern persists, feel free to reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, who will be happy to look into this more indepth :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! We have had 2 false alarms in 2 weeks. Both stating motion in our family room. We have mived the motion detector away from the heat source for the room but alas…we just got notified 5 mins ago that our alarm is going off. No clue at thia point.

One of my motion detectors false alarmed early this monring. It was installed a year ago. No changes to system or environment. Why it went off this morning is a mystery. The room was empty. Void of all motion. No pets. I did check the battery level…it is fine.

Studies have shown that canned replies to customer questions are oftentimes inaccurate and fail to address the specific question – AND are aggravating and lead to customer dissatisfaction.