False alarms

So, I have a ring doorbell at my house in the states.

It is alerting me to someone ringing the door bell at least twice an hour … I have another brand of camera so I KNOW there is no one there.

What causes false “rings”?

I see a list of events, I click on them, and the replay is nothing but a blank screen.

Is the doorbell hardwired? If yes, try removing the device from the wire and observe it if the issue persists. If it’s doing the same thing, reset the Ring device by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. After the reset, the doorbell needs to set up again with your Ring app. If all did not work, I would suggest to contact Ring support.

I do not have that luxury. I am in Europe; it is in USA.

It has recently been reset and yes it is hardwired.

It has not done this for 24 hours it seems. I think it has something to do with weather.

Sun? Rain? Heat? Humidity?

Hey @Bobbie! This is certainly an unusual symptom, as a ding event should not happen unless the Doorbell button is pressed. Being that you are not physically there, a stuck button, or something leaning against the Doorbell (package), is going to be tough to check. I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, as they may be able to take a further look. :slight_smile: