Failure to ring

Cannot get doorbells (video doorbell) second generation to actually ring on my samsung phone, they are connected as the notifications flash up on screen but the phone notification remains silent despite adjusting all available settings accordingly on my phone. WEIRDLY if I switch on the app on my Samsung tablet the ring notifications work on the tablet. Any ideas ?

Hi @pam45634. You’ll want to make sure the Ring App and your phone’s OS are fully updated, as well as ensure that the volume on your phone is turned up. Additionally, you can check the App Alert Tones on your phone for your Doorbell by tapping the main menu in the top left > Devices > your Doorbell > Device Settings > Notification Settings > App Alert Tones > and here you can select the tone for both Rings and Motions and ensure that it is not set to the Silent option.

If that doesn’t do the trick, you can also find more troubleshooting help regarding notifications on Android devices here. And of course, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance as well. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: