Failing to Update Keypad

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help, spoke with support and they couldn’t help (and didn’t even try) and just sent me here.

I had an updated on my Ring alarm keypad about 2 weeks ago. First firmware I’ve had since owning it since Aug 2020, so I was surprised when another came up a few days ago. It seemed weird to not have one for months and then two so quick, but nonetheless I began installation, everything went through seemingly as normal. As far as I could see, it was installed, however it still says there is a pending update. I did it again, the message is still there.

Anyone else had this.

Hi there, @Danny-r! In order to best help an update complete on your Keypad, please plug it into power and ensure it is fully charged. Try also unplugging and then plugging the Keypad back in, as this can help to initiate the update. Remember, if your system is in an Armed mode (or not disarmed) the update will resume once you’ve disarmed your Alarm. During the update on your Keypad, if you do need to arm/ disarm, please use the Ring app to do so.

Feel free to check out our help center article about updating your Keypad’s Firmware for more tips. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: