Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Failed to connect live view camera
hardwired-video-doorbell
app-settings
troubleshooting
cs-support
ios
We’ve had our ring doorbell for under a year and it’s worked fine, but today it won’t let us access live view. Transformer is good, and signal strength is in the green. I have deleted the app, downloaded it again, reset my doorbell and setup and still won’t connect? It saves motion detected and everything else works perfectly just when I want to click on it to live view I can’t

09-04-2023 12:06:49

Responses (5)

J
Hi @user41829. Those were excellent troubleshooting steps to try to help with your concern. I would also try rebooting your router by unplugging it for a few seconds and plugging it back in. You will also want to verify that your [signal strength, also known as RSSI, is at a good level](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229). If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406) for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

10-04-2023 07:21:30

T
I have started to experience the exact same thing with ring flood light cams. I can access live view from my PC through the web browser but the app will not connect live view. This is the same issue on my wife's phone. Ironically enough, my mother who lives across the state is having the same problem with her app on her mobile device. Signal strength is good, routers have been reset many times, cameras disconnected and reconnected, app deleted and reinstalled. Is an issue with the app but in finding very little on a solution.

14-04-2023 01:33:05

J
Hi @taburvee. As mentioned in the solution, if you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, your next best step is to contact our support team for further assistance.

14-04-2023 11:34:30

B
This is obviously an ongoing issue and now I also am having the same problem on my HP laptop when trying to activate live view for my Ring 2nd generation door bell.. I have ultrafast broadband and have had no issue viewing live view for the last two years on my Chrome browser.. For the last three days I have been unable to activate Live View on my lap top yet strangely it records every motion clip activation which makes no sense at all.. On my android phone I have no issue at all accessing Live View and recordings....I have done EVERYTHING to rectify this on my lap top ie clear cookies, cache, turn off computer, reset router, reset doorbell yet there is obviously some recent issue that has occurred. I have no VPN set up on my lap top.. There are now loads of people seemingly complaining about this same issue and why is it recording and allowing me to view the recorded clips on my Ring laptop but not allowing immediate access to Live View, come on Ring we are paying customers who are not getting a satisfactory answer to this issue other than try changing browser (I do not want to change my browser) or reset your doorbell, we have done all these so called solutions to no avail.. Any other practical and useful suggestions are most welcome.

16-04-2023 07:45:12

I
I have been having issues with live on my iphone for about two weeks. It either stalls and wont open or it opens and freezes for a very long time. Ive tried to open on my laptop and it streams, but it has huge green patches over the view. I havent had this issue until recently. I also just added two new cameras but cannot use them properly due to this issue. I may as well return them if ring isnt trying to fix this problem. My apartment is small so wifi range isnt an issue. All signals are strong. I have no idea whats going on, but so far this is a waste of money

17-04-2023 05:52:16

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

17-05-2023 05:52:18

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User