Factory reset contact sensor

How to factory reset contact sensor? I did follow the instruction but still keep showing wrong network.is there anyway ring can help me to rest?

Hi @Alliebb08, if the device is still showing that it’s on the wrong network, you will need to remove the device from your system first before doing the reset, and then re-adding it. If you can, please do the following:

• Go into the Ring app > Devices > Ring Alarm Base Station > Contact Sensor in question > gear icon at the top right > Advanced Options > Remove Failed Device (You can try remove device, but it may fail) > Remove
  • Once the device is no longer on your system, preform another factory reset
  • Once it’s been reset, re-setup the device and make sure it’s no longer saying “wrong network.”

Let me know how this goes!

I have this same problem, I try everything and nothing seens to work.

Hey @symon_say. If the above steps do not work for you to remove the device, reset it and then re-set it up, please give our support team a call here.

Is there any new update to the solution? The earlier answer was from March '20 and the procedure is no longer valid although users are still having the same problem.

We have several contact sensors that are currently useless.

Hi there, @matsuno415! More troubleshooting tips for the Contact Sensor can be found in this help center article.

To factory reset the device, follow these steps:

1. Remove the cover from the device.
  2. Press and hold the pinhole reset button using a paperclip or the included pinhole tool. The LED light will flash green.
  3. Continue holding down the pinhole reset button until the LED light turns red.
  4. Put the back cover back on the device.

If this concern persists, despite resetting your sensors, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi
Got similar problem reseting.

Gen 1 door sensor. I

1. Take out battery
  2. Hold tampering button.
  3. Put back battery
  4. Blinks blue one time.

What am i doing wrong ?

1 Like

Hi @Fagerdahls. You can find the information on how to troubleshoot your Contact Sensor here.

I have exactly the same problem!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.