Explain keypad lights, please

Gen. 2 - sometimes only the Disable light is on all the time, sometimes all buttons light up when you approach the keypad while in Disabled mode. I can’t find the logic behind the lighting modes. Explain the keypad lighting logic, please?

I have to modify my post. Sometimes when I’m in Disable mode only my Disable light comes on when I approach, other times when in Disable mode all buttons light up when I approach. I can’t seem to correlate these responses with any action I’m taking.

That’s pretty cool, if true. I’ll try it tonight. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

For clarification, you can choose between the following 3 modes for the Ring Alarm Keypad (2nd Generation):

• Keep Mode Button Lit. LED lights will stay on at all times (when plugged into a working power source).
  • Motion Turns on Lights. LEDs light up when sensing motion.
  • Button Press Turns on Lights. LEDs light up only when you press a button on your Keypad (preserves battery power).

To choose Keypad modes, open your Ring app, navigate to your Keypad device on the main menu, then go to the LED Settings tile. You can learn more in this Help Center article. :slight_smile: