Event Video Not Available

“The video is not available. A Ring plan or trial was not active when this event took place.” Lately, I’ve been getting this red flag when attempting to play event videos from Event History. It’s been occurring randomly on various cams in my Protect Plus Plan. Sometimes, I’m able to view event video at a later time; sometimes not. My plan is still very-much active. I was wondering if others have been experiencing this issue.

This is odd to hear of @hi808! As long as your Protect Plan subscription is active these should play. I recommend also checking your RSSI, or wifi signal strength, in the Ring app. As a test, check this RSSI right away the next time a video does not record to ensure there is not an interference in wifi signal during these events.

Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the device you are using to play videos.

If recordings that should be there do not show up after waiting some time, and checking the above factors, our support team can certainly take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here . We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.