Event recall has gaps. Ring Video Doorbell 2

I have recently installed a Ring Video Doorbell 2. The motion detection and event tagging seems to work but only for a maximum of 20 seconds. There is then a time out function before it starts a new event. This is very bad, should I want to record a whole conversation for 3 to 4 minutes. I know on the Nest doorbell you can create your own clip specifying the start and end time down to the second yet this feature doesnt seem to be available on Ring which is frustrating. Any fix?

Hi @EllaBella2020. Our Doorbells and Cameras are not designed to record 24/7 or for an extended amount of time like you’re describing here. With the Motion Stop feature we have implemented, our battery-operated devices record for up to 20 seconds, and our powered devices record for up to 60 seconds. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created aFeature Request board. Feel free to add this request and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: