Event history not playing

Hey all, I’ve been having this issue for a while where I can’t watch any of the playback videos. I’ve deleted the app from my phone, rebooted my phone, checked it’s up to date and it still doesn’t work.

The same issue is happening for all my family members and they’ve all followed the steps above.

The event history tabs don’t work on WiFi and even when we switch to cellular only.

Anyone else having this issue?! Would appreciate some help on how to get it sorted! Thank you!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about this, @ZaraS! The best thing to check next, is subscription status. Please check that a Protect Plan is subscribed for the Ring device and location, from the owner account. This will ensure videos are saved for playing back for both the owner and shared users.

Feel free to also try logging in on Ring.com, via web browser, to check event history and plans there. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue with my event history not playing. I have tried playing it from both my iphone app and online through the ring.com site and there is no playback. The health shows good with 100% battery and a good signal to my wifi. I can’t get the live view to play either. Any suggestions? Do i need to somehow disconnect the unit and then reconnect it?

Hi @mszgolf1846. Is there a specific error message you are receiving? As long as you have an active Ring Protect Plan subscription, you should be able to view your recording history. If this is not the case, please reach out to our support team to take a closer look at your account. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Same issue here. App and computer windows app do not play videos. I have an active and usable account. Please advise. This doesn’t make sense. Need video asap.
Adding. No error messages, no nothing. You click and nothing happens. You can see the click occur and no video. This is on both platforms, Android and windows.

Same here. It keeps happening even after call to tech support. It started working when on the phone with them “troubleshoot” stopped. I’m starting to think we are paying for services they are not providing (reliable usable saved video). When they save it, it increases the size of the data on their cloud web servers, which costs money. And if your device captures a lot, it costs more to them than ones they don’t. The one that is not allowing video playback is my front yard camera, which captures more than the ones in my backyard. And now that Ring is Amazon, it’s likely Amazon Web Services, so they are essentially getting people to pay for storage, but they are managing to “save” data by disconnecting people’s devices until they notice and call tech support. Considering submitting complaint for Attorney General. This is a well known recurring issue with users. It’s all over the boards and reviews. If it’s not fixed, it’s likely just a risk they are willing to take to continue profiting, one disconnected device at a time.