Event History Missing Video

I just went to my timeline to look for a specific event that should’ve happened today and the only time it could’ve happened on I get a strange message in the app. I’ve never seen this before but it says “the video for this event doesn’t exist”. Huh? Is that even possible? Every single event on the timeline works perfectly except for the one moment on the timeline it could’ve possibly been today. What could be causing this?

If this event just occurred, try giving it some time to become available. I recommend also visiting Ring.com via web browser, and logging in there to attempt viewing this video recording. Please ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

As long as your Ring Protect plan is active and your WiFi signal strength connection is sufficient, events should be captured and record as intended. Check out your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to ensure for optimal wifi signal.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

At the time it had been hours since it happened. I tried to go to the website and look at it but I’ll try again.

I just went back and checked on the site and this is what it says. Obviously I can’t check my connection for that day but my internet connection is pretty good usually and my plan is always just fine. I’m really not sure what’s causing it on this one video. Everything else works just fine but not this video.

Did you get an explanation from Ring regarding this?

It happened to one of my floodlight cam videos last week. I went to look at it immediately after the notification but got the video doesn’t exist error. Still getting same message a week later. I’d be extremely upset if it were an important video (e.g., trespasser, crime, etc.). This floodlight has been having other issues lately (identifying moths as people in the middle if the night), so Ring is replacing it. I haven’t contacted Ring about the missing video because it’s being replaced. But I saw your post and was curious if it was a more pervasive issue.