Even more false motion alerts.

Hello,

Since getting the most recent upgrades with Confirm Motion and People Only mode, I’ve started getting more False Motion alerts with no people and no motion in them. I was expecting first Confirm Motion to stop false alerts, then I really expected People Only mode to stop false alerts. I’m why I would get tons of alerts with No Motion and No People when I have both of these features turned on. It’s happening on two of my camers.

Here is the link to an example video. My camera is set for motion varification and people only mode. I challenge someone at Ring to find either the Motion or the Person in the video.

https://ring.com/share/6830920123090677006

Thank you…

Sorry to hear about this @gdf315! The reason for so many motion settings and features being available in the Ring app, is due to how often environments vary from location to location. While these settings are intended to fine tune your motion detection, we recommend testing these settings through trial and error to obtain the experience you are looking for.

Check out our help center article about People Only mode which states “Occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. Alternatively, you can turn off the People Only Mode setting.”. It is possible the pool or windows within view are triggering a motion detection.

We are always working to improve and add to our features, and always value our neighbors’ feedback. Consider this feedback shared with our teams here! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I just want to clarify and make sure it is clear that I’m not getting people detections. I have people only mode turned on and I keep getting just motion detections. If I walk by the camera, I will then get a person detected notification.

But, with motion verify and people only mode, I would expect to only get personal detection notifications.

That’s also why I pointed out that after turning on people only mode my false notifications increased.

Thanks…

Thanks for clarifying @gdf315 ! We’ll get this information over to the team for review. Appreciate you sending this over!

I am having the same issue. I turned off people only mode, and turned the frequency to normal, but I get so many alerts that I’ve turned notifications off completly for this camera. Which, of course defeats the purpose of the camera. I’m hoping there will be a firmware update to resolve this. I’ve had this camera in the same locations for 2 or more years and never had an issue until the last few months.

Under People Only Mode I received 2 alerts on my phone. The alerts were triggered by a plastic mulch bag that was blown across the camera view. I’ll send a recording the next time it happens.