Error: Couldn't Load Your Locations

My iPhone access to my Ring doorbell gives me the message, “Couldn’t load your locations”. I have only one location so I don’t know what is going wrong. How do I correct this?

1 Like

I deleted the app and redownloaded from the App Store. Fixed the issue

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue for months on my old iPhone 11 abs now iPhone 12. I have to delete and reinstall app several times a day or logout abs log back in. Called support twice and they can’t find a fix.
Ready to scrap Ring!

Hi @SFNicoya. I would also recommend trying to access the Ring App on both wifi and mobile data to see which one offers a better connection. Additionally, please ensure that if you have a VPN, it is disabled when you’re accessing the Ring App as the Ring App doesn’t support the use of VPNs. If this problem continues to persist, it may be best to follow up with our support team as they’ll be able to take a closer look at this for you since this is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back. Support has not been able to find an issue. My issue counties and is not a signal strength issue as I have gig broadband to house and sting wifi connections to all my devices in side. My daughter iPhone 11 has no issues at al. Thst being said I’m suspicious about my ID being corrupt. Going to try logging on with my ID to daughters phone rato see what happens
I’m in tech so very familiar with troubleshooting

1 Like

Getting this error today on both of my Samsung Galaxy S9+ devices today. Can’t access my account, can’t access my dashboard… can’t access anything. Had to log in via web browser here.

Same problem here I have gone through all the steps with tech and get the same error on wifi not data. It used to work no problem before now all three a tablet and two cells won’t work on wifi. Android worked fine before on wifi. restating reinstall doesnt fix the problem. No vpn here.

Something on Ring side has changed. I think Ring should man up because it not all these people are reporting this same problem on Android devices that worked before now having an issue.

1 Like

OK, this is crazy. I have been using the Ring app on my iPad and iPhone for a year or two without much of a problem. Recently, the app on my iPad stopped working, but my iPhone works fine. I tried rebooting my router, changing every setting I could think of and or read about, but nothing. I either got the message locations could not be loaded or Ring app is temporarily unavailable, but at the same time my iPhone works fine.
By way of background, I have a 300 Mbps internet connection with downloads about that and uploads between 25 and 36 Mbps. I have an a Netgear Orbi RBR50 router and RBS50 satellite (mesh system). I checked my internet speeds and everything was fine. On the Ring app on my iPad it showed all devices online and in green. Interestingly, when I clicked on any of the devices health, it would buffer and return to the original screen, so I could not see if there were any issues.
Ok, so next I just deleted the Ring app on my iPad and downloaded the app again. However, when I tried to log in, it said my information was wrong (which it was not), I know my email and password. That being said, I then said, forgot password and it said, email address was wrong. Are you kidding me???
I also tried setting up a new account and thought that worked, but when I tried to log in that failed too. One more piece of info, when I was trying to create a new account it told me that my passwords did not match - THEY WERE EXACTLY THE SAME. Sorry to write a book, but this is beyond frustrating. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi @Grandad2944. Are you able to login to Ring.com? With your iPhone and iPad, are both iOS up to date? Also, is there an active VPN on your devices or on your home network? Does this error also happen with cellular data? Sorry for all the questions, I’m just trying to narrow down possible points that could be causing the error. Also, do you have End to End Encryption enabled? When trying to login to Ring.com, try typing your password on a separate document and then copy/pasting it into the password field. Thanks, neighbor!

Wow, too many problems. Today I have message, “can’t find your locations”, and I am not going to spent time on this. If ring can’t fix it seamlessly, I will end my subscription, which is in Jan. I will try the ring tomorrow.

Today I had exacly the same problem with my login!!! It’s crazy, I can’t log in on my app, even on ring website!! Still no location on my ring app… my alexa is still connected with doors bell, but I can’t do anything on my phone!!!

Delete the app and re install it, this happened to me today, it will re set everything and definitely should work…

1 Like

i have the same problem cant find my locations on my android for a few days, it seems ring cant help me. i called and they cant find my problem. it is very upsetting,. tried restarting cell phone. deleting my ring account and tried logging back on. with no finding.

Hi @user30562. This error is usually caused by a phone that does not have permissions enabled for the Ring app or is using a VPN. Try adjusting these phone settings to see if that helps. If not, let us know what type of phone you have and what version of the Ring app is installed so we can better assist.

My problem started around Dec 12th when v3.55.0 was released and installed. Upgraded to v3.55.1 on Dec 20th, still not fixed.

Tried all of the various troubleshooting activities, but nothing worked. Called Ring support who had me perform all of the same activities, but eventually they escalated a ticket. So far, I’ve heard crickets.

Found a site and downloaded v3.54., installed it, and now locations are loading fine!

12/32/22:. v3.55.1 appears to be working now.

Ring dashboard not available. Unable to find locations.

Hey neighbors, thanks for sharing this feedback. We’ve sent this information onto our teams to review so they can work to resolve it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we always recommend ensuring you have the most up-to-date version of the Ring app and of your phone’s operating software. You can find more information on mobile device compatibility with the Ring app here. If you are seeing this error, you can use Ring.com on your phone’s web browser as a temporary workaround.

We’ll be sure to share any relevant information in this thread when it becomes available. You can also reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here if you have any further questions. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m having the same issue since the 18th of December. “Connection Error. Can’t find locations. Try again.” The cameras work in ring.com but the app doesn’t work, although I’ve been using it for about a year. Called support, but with all the troubleshooting processes, it could not be fix.

1 Like

After reporting the case to the Ring support line, the app starting working in the same day, for me and for someone having the same problem. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @santalondox, I’m glad to hear the Ring app is working correctly for you now. :slight_smile: