Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
A
Error code P1-99
connectivity
troubleshooting
None of my security cameras connect to wifi anymore. Had a power outage last week and lost internet access for that entire week. Once we had connection back, cameras refuse to connect to wifi again. I have 1st gen doorbell, indoor stickup cam, and an outdoor spotlight cam. I've tried resetting every camera, rebooted my router numerous times, even had a cable guy come restore our internet service. No changes to our wifi router names or passwords. Yet cameras keep giving me various error codes like P1-99. They won't even register the wifi names in the Ring app. I manually input everything, and even copy pasted the names and passwords. Yet nothing connects. Invested in multiple wifi boosters, I've spent days trying to resolve this issue, yetI get the same results every time. Only had horrible service with Ring over the years. How do I resolve this issue?

30-11-2023 03:02:19

Responses (3)

T
Hi @achcalvillo. Thanks for sharing all the troubleshooting steps you've tried thus far. Try connecting a device to a WiFi hotspot. Be sure that your Ring app is up to date and all permissions are enabled and allowed. If this connects, you can then try to change the WiFi network to your home network. If you are unable to do this, please follow up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406#callus). You can also get in touch by sending a private message [@Ring](https://community.ring.com/u/ring) on Facebook or Twitter.

30-11-2023 03:21:53

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

03-04-2024 12:40:07

U

I bought a camera two days ago and it sudddenly wouldnt connect to the internet. I had the same Error Code. Was baffled and I sent it back with a replacement received yesterday. 

Whilst setting up the new one I had the same problem. Turns out it was trying to connect the wrong network, silly me. But my network didn't show in the connections list. 

I had to set it up manually. First going into my router settings. Going into configuration. Look for the 2.4 GHZ. The cameras wont work if connected to 5GHZ. Noting the channel number.

On setup it asks you for Wifi Name and Channel Number. Everything works fine now.

15-07-2024 12:50:08

C

I'm glad to hear you got this resolved! Thank you for sharing the steps you took as well, this may be helpful for other users with a similar situation. 

16-07-2024 02:42:08

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User