Erratic recording on Stickup cam Elite

My Stickup cam Elite at my front door works fine, records footage when motion is detected. Twice now however, I know my son entered through the front door at night, but no recording was available the next morning. I do not have a schedule for pausing motion detection. Does anyone have ideas about the possible cause?

Hi @Kuip! Excellent call checking on motion scheduling as this can be a common reason for missing alerts. The best next step here will be to further test motion at night to see if any adjustments need to be made to zones or sensitivity settings. I recommend also checking the event history for around the time of this motion missing, to see if another motion might have triggered just before that time causing the camera to be in a recording/ idol state. Of course, this would only take mere seconds so any event that could interfere with his arrival being recorded would be around that same time.

Please also ensure that the record motion toggle is not enabled in your app, as this will prevent motion events from recording. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions.

One question though, you said β€œPlease also ensure that the record motion toggle is not enabled in your app, as this will prevent motion events from recording”. If my interpretation is correct, this says the switch needs to be turned off to record motions. That can’t be right, right?

1 Like

Thank you for requesting clarification on that, as your thoughts on this is correct. My apologies for mistyping that! Yes, the Record Motion toggle would need to be disabled in the Ring app for motion to not record. :slight_smile: