Entryway Keypad doesn’t take a new charge. I have tried different cables.
Hi @user68203. I’d recommend trying to fully reset your Keypad. To reset a 1st Gen Keypad, follow these steps:
- With the Keypad plugged in, press and hold the number “5” button.
- Press the pinhole reset button on the back of the Keypad. A paperclip works well. Do not release the “5” button.
- The Keypad will light up the ring briefly, then the network icon at the top left of the keypad will begin to flash.
- When the network icon stops flashing, release the “5” button.
If you have a 2nd Gen Keypad, you can reset it by using these steps:
- To Factory Reset the Keypad, plug in the Keypad using the supplied cable and charging block.
- Press and hold the pinhole reset button on the back of the Keypad.
- Hold the button down for 10 seconds until the network LED flashes red then release.
Should the Keypad still be unresponsive after trying a reset, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. Make sure to request to speak with the Ring Alarm team specifically. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.