Entering alarm code then alarm sets off

Every time I enter the code and press the away button, when I open my door the alarm goes off. Am I doing something wrong?

@Andyack wrote:
Every time I enter the code and press the away button, when I open my door the alarm goes off. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello @Andyack ,

It is likely that the “Placement” designation you used on your Contact Sensor is incorrect, if you are indeed using a Entry/Exit Delay and entering your code, pressing the “Away” button and opening the door to depart while the countdown is still in progress.

For the Alarm Sensors, the " Placement" setting is important for your sensors and will determine if the alarm will immediately go off or delay (for the time you set on the Entry/Exit delay).

• Contact Sensor “Placement” set at:
    • “Main Door”: Uses delay Entry/Exit Time settings.
    • “Secondary Door” or “Window”: No delay. Immediate.
  • Motion Sensor “Placement” set at:
    • “Entryway”: Uses delay Entry/Exit Time settings.
    • “Room”: No delay. Immediate.

To set “Placement” for each sensor:

• Menu (the 3 horizontal line icon, upper-left-corner of dashboard) > “Devices” > Alarm Base Station > and then select the Contact Sensor or Motion Sensor > select the blue “Gear” icon (upper-right-corner) > Placement > choose your desired Placement designation > “Save” (upper-right-corner).

So in your case, most likely you need to change the Placement setting to “Main Door” on your Contact Sensor of the door that you are opening (for Contact sensors, you can have as many “Main Doors” that you want to use, and are not limited to only one door) .

I had assumed that you are using a Entry and/or Exit Delay and opening the door while the countdown is still on-going, but if you are not, then this could also cause your alarm to sound the siren when you open the door, even with the correct Placement setting. You set a Entry/Exit delay (most people use the 30-seconds option) so you have sufficient time to arm/disarm as you exit/enter. On the entryways that you use, set Placement as “Main Door.”

To set Entry/Exit Delays for “Home” and “Away” Modes:

• Menu > Settings > at your Location select “Modes” > for Delay choices, pick “Home” and/or “Away” > scroll down to Entry Delay / Exit Delay and then select > Pick your desired time delay > “Save” (upper-right-corner).

I hope you find this information helpful. :slight_smile:

1 Like