End to end encryption issue

After last Ring update for iOS couple days ago, my Smart Alert option on all my OLDER cams (stick up wired and doorbell pro) is grayed out and when I click, it’s says the function is disabled cuz I have EtoE encryption enabled. My NEWER stick up cams are fine. This has to be a bug as 1. It’s only happening to the older cams, 2. I never enabled EtoE and went to control center and confirmed that it hasn’t been. And 3. Smart Alerts is not even one of the features that is unavailable with EtoE anyway. Any confirmation that this is a bug and will be fixed? Thanks

I have the same problem too with some of my Floodlight Cams (1st Gen).

I know it’s not E2E encryption because those cams still shows the Event Timeline, which shouldn’t be possible with E2E enabled.

I updated the iOS app today to 5.56.1, but the problem remains.

I also tried rebooting the cams, but that didn’t fix the problem.

Can someone from Ring confirm this bug? Is there an ETA for a fix?

Hi neighbors. I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us. This was previously brought to our attention and has been investigated. There is a fix for this issue that has been officially released that should resolve this. As always, it is a slow rollout, and you should see your devices working by now or within the next few days. If after a few days you still have not had your concern resolved, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi @Justin_Ring ,

You wrote there’s a fix to resolve this.

Does that mean there’s a new version of the iOS app? Or something else?

I’m still running into the problem where I can’t open the Smart Alerts for the Floodlight Cameras.

I’ve called Support twice, but they don’t seem to know this is a known issue.

Any suggestions?

I’m experiencing the same problem with the (1st Gen) Doorbell Pro. Please let us know how to resolve this.

TL;DR - I can now open the Smart Alerts for all my Floodlight Cameras and the Video Doorbell Pro.

About 3 days ago, I tried the settings again for the affected cameras, and I could open the Smart Alerts. No more warnings about E2EE (end-to-end encryption) enabled.

I’m still using Version 5.56.1of the iOS app, so this wasn’t an app update. So I guess the rollout was to the cameras themselves.

Hope everyone else got their cameras back to normal.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.