Efficiently Replace existing wired cam

I received a replacement Wired Spotlight cam from Ring. How can I efficiently tell the Ring software the swap out the old one with this new one? I don’t want to have to go over each option as that would be highly inefficient.

I’m pretty sure you have to go through the whole Remove Device process and get get the new one set up just like before.

1 Like

If you just received a replacement device after troubleshooting with our support team, your plan should certainly transfer. This process should be automatic as long as the old device was not deleted from your account before the new device was set up and the transfer took place. Check out our Help Center article about plan changes for more information.

As for the installation and setup of the replacement device, @trail-explorer is correct. Simply complete a new setup in the Ring app to get your Ring device up and running.

If this transfer did not take place, or the old device was already deleted, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: