Edit Motion Zones Bug

When the Edit Motion Zones page is displayed, a significant portion of the top of the view is cut off and we can’t extend the zone into that area. See the two screen capture images - one is of the Motion Settings page and the second is of the Motion Zone Editor. The first is included in this post but, because we can only upload one image per post, the second will be in a follow-up post.

Hi @zorvek. This is intended for how the motion detection on your Ring device works. Motion Zones can not be extended to the full area of your Live View when creating these zones. This is because the area your Camera covers is slightly larger than the area your motion sensors cover. You can read more about this feature in our Community Post here. I hope this helps clear things up! :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring ,
Do you know if we install a solar panel to the battery stick up camera if we will be able to edit the full area ?
Thank you

Good question, @Usphisics! The default power method will decide the orientation or field of view for your motion zones. While you can add a Solar Panel or low voltage wires to a battery-powered Ring device, the device is still powered by the Battery. Thus, the view will be the same. :slight_smile:

I’m having this issue (April 2023, 3rd gen StickUp camera). I think what zorvek forgot to mention that this happens AFTER a motion zone was designed a first time. The first time the motion zone is designed, we can see the WHOLE view! Then, when editing that zone is when we don’t see the whole area, even if the zone goes beyond that limited view.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.