Echo (4th Gen) Offline under Connected Devices

Hi Ring neighbors,
I recently noticed that my Echo (4th Gen) has been added to the Ring App, under “Devices”.
However, it keeps showing as “offline” although it is actually online and fully functional.
How to solve it? And what is my Echo showing in the Ring app for?

Hey @windypaper. Thank you for sharing these images! The Echo is appearing in the app because of an integration that allows certain Echo devices to be used as a Ring Smart Lights Bridge. More information on using an Echo device as a Bridge can be found here. Would you be able to let me know what version of the Ring app you have on your phone? Also, this appears to be an iPhone, correct? Once I have this information, I’ll be able to share this with my team and get back to you. Thank you, neighbor!

Hi @Tom_Ring
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is an iphone. The version is 5.37.1
Regards

Hi @windypaper. I would suggest updating your Ring app, as we are now on a newer version. Updating the Ring app should correct this issue. However, if after updating the Ring app you are still experiencing this concern, please reach out to our support team so they can take a look at your account and investigate what might be happening. Feel free to let the Community know the result!

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thanks @Tom_Ring
I just updated the app. It looks great and I am thrilled to see the new geofence feature which we all have been waiting for.
Unfortunately, the issue still persists. I can still see my echo device showing as offline, while it is in fact online and connected to my wifi.

Hi @windypaper. Thank you for the update and I’m glad to hear you found the new Geofence feature! I’ve been using it quite a bit and makes life with kids much easier :sweat_smile:. With the concern of the Echo device showing offline, when it is in fact online, it’s very odd. This is a new integration and it may be as simple as a setting that needs to be toggled.

I recommend reaching out to our support team so they can look at your account/devices and analyze your specific situation. Without being able to see the whole picture, this can be difficult to narrow down the cause. Thank you for you patience and I’m looking forward to hearing how support was able to help.

Hi there I have just received the Echo and the Ring light from amazon today and am receiving the same issues as stated above where my echo is online and functioning with other applications, such as spotify, but is showing up as offline when trying to link my ring light to it

I’m having the same issue,

Echo is online and working great on Alexa the integration is working fine I can see my ring doorbell‘s and cameras on my echo five but when it comes to the Echo Dot as a bridge to use the light it says that it is off-line even though on Alexa it’s online. I’ve gone ahead and reset it and unlinked and re-linked on both Alexa and ring and still nothing it still shows echo dot is off-line and when I called both Alexa support or ring support they said that it Has to do with the other app and there’s nothing they can do about it it is really very frustrating

Has anybody received any resolution to this issue? My Echo 4th gen says it is offline in the Ring app and it is defiantly not offline. I have tried to connect through multiple devices with no luck. My echo is fully updated and so is my ring app. I am on version 5.41.0 for the ring app. I have gone through all the steps in the instruction link above with no success. I am about to abandon the ring bulbs for something else.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue as well. Everything is up to date, Ring doorbell works great. I got the Echo Show 10 and Ring a19 lightbulb as a packaged deal together recently. The Echo Show works great but shows offline in the Ring app. I’ve restarted it numerous times and even set the Show beside my router but nothing has changed. The lightbulb needs the Show for its bridge but I can’t set that up until the “offline” issue is resolved.

Same here. Just can’t get the echo show 10 online in the ring app. I have a ring bridge installed at the same time but ring app only tried to connect echo show 10.

I fixed it by going on the Alexa app and updating the location of the device . Make sure the location of the Alexa device is exactly the same as your ring devices . The location of my echo show did not have the 4 digit mailing code after the address like the ring devices do . Once i updated the location on my echo show to the exact same as the ring devices and unplugged and plugged it back in everything worked perfectly.

Check out my reply to windy paper. I had the exact problem as everyone one else . Once i did those steps everything started working . My echo show showed offline and also my smart switch. Once i changed the location on my echo show to have the 4 digit mailing address that the ring devices have everything went green and now works great.