Dual Battery Packs in Spotlight Camera

I have two battery packs in my new spotlight camera. My question is this.

1. Does the camera automatically switch from the discharged battery to the fully charged battery pack with no action on my part?

2. If so, how low is the charge allowed to get before this switchover takes place.

Thanks

Hey @BudR. Happy to clear this up for you! When using two batteries in the Spotlight Cam Battery, the first battery will be used until about 20% battery life, and then will swap to the other, fully charged battery until after 20%. After both batteries drop below 20%, it will continue to utilize both to keep the device powered, but at this point, I recommend taking them out one at a time to charge up and then put back in when fully charged, that way you still have a battery in there to keep the device on and functioning. In addition, you can keep two spare batteries with you, so when both are low, you can swap them out to charge up and have ready for when they go low again. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply & help. I’m assuming that the swithover from the 1st to the 2nd battery is automatic, with no action on my part once the 1st battery gets down to 20%?

Thanks

@BudR You’re exactly right! The device will just do this automatically for you. :slight_smile:

I have 2 batteries…when the 1st one went dead it did not switch to the other one it went offline… app showed 1 dead and one charged??

Hi @Braxton14. What happens when you switch the location of the batteries? This might tell us if there is a problem with the battery, or perhaps the port inside the camera where the battery connects. Also, try resetting the camera by pressing and holding the orange setup button for 20 seconds, then release. After that, you can reconnect it to wifi and it should allow both batteries to register.

My spotlight camera does not automatically switch to the fully charged battery, even if I change the battery location. If one battery is low, the device goes offline. Is there a solution for this?

Hi @user54183. Please ensure both batteries are properly installed in the Spotlight Cam’s battery hatch. You should see a solid red light in the battery hatch to indicate that the battery is connected. A simple troubleshooting step to try if your Spotlight Cam isn’t behaving as expected is to perform a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page. Should these issues persist, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.