Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
M
Dropping wifi all the time!
wifi
wireless-security-cameras
My ring doorbell started off fine but now drops internet all the time. I'm at my wits end and am about to throw the £160 down the drain! I've restarted EVERYTHING time and time again. It has a plug and is connected to the mains so I know it has power. The wifi signal on the app says 'good'. I restart everything - reconnect and it stays anywhere from 1 minute to a few days and then goes again. Nothing has changed in the house and all other devices are running fine. It's been 'offline' for nearly 2 weeks now. It decided to connect at 5am this morning but went off again at 8. I don't know what else to do.

13-10-2021 11:55:43

Responses (1)

M
Hi there, @Maci! Good call on checking your wifi signal strength. The Ring app device health should display an actual signal value which will give you insight on any interference happening. Check out your [RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229), to ensure for optimal wifi signal. Depending on the Ring device model you have, it may be dual band capable, in which I recommend connecting to 2.4 Ghz wifi for best results. I hope this helps! :)

14-10-2021 03:02:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User