Doorview / peephole cam, WiFi / Notifications

Good afternoon all, im really finding it difficult to contact Ring support so thought id try here. I have the doorview / peephold cam, bought in July, and am having real issues with WiFi staying connected when the button is pressed. it makes the noise on the device, but other than the motion on the app, doesnt notify on the app that the button is pressed, or notify on Alexa. this is currently pretty constant, all fine, button pushed, spinning blue ring, no notification, pull battery, re-insert battery. originally thinking it might be my cisco AP, I set it up on the WiFi on my router, get a signal strength of -49 which im led to believe it pretty good… can anyone offer any advice? Many Thanks indeed!

Hi @jimbotheitbod! As long as the battery is charged fully this will rule out power variables and leaves us with wifi variables to check. While the RSSI looks sufficient for operations, check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. With much of the Peephole Camera components being inside of the home, this helps with wifi connection and avoiding exterior wall interference.

If you are confident that wifi connection and bandwidth is adequate, please check the ribbon cable connection that feeds through the door. Ensure this cable is not loose, damaged, and is securely connected on the indoor assembly.

If this concern persists despite checking these factors, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.