Doorbells isn't connecting

my ring isn’t connecting, but my wifi and internet is working I am using it now to talk to you.

Hey @MrLeoSir. What part of the setup are you getting stuck at? With a bit more information on where in the setup you’re unable to complete it, as well as what Doorbell you have, I’ll be happy to help further! :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea,

I am not stuck at a setup. it has been set up for some time but it has started to not work with the internet. the wifi location hasn’t changed and the same with the ring. but it doesn’t look to be connecting to the internet still. yes, I have the internet. I tried redoing the config but it is still having problems.

@MrLeoSir Chiming in for Chelsea here! If your Doorbell appears to not be connected to wifi, I’d recommend resetting it and performing a new setup. To reset your Doorbell, hold down the setup button for 30 seconds. Once that’s done, you’ll want to walk through a new setup in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. This will refresh the Doorbell’s connection with the Ring App and with your wifi network. Let us know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

Hi Caitly,

I have already done that but it is still disconnecting.

Thanks for letting us know how that step went. If the Doorbell is disconnecting from your wifi, it could be due to the signal it is receiving. Check the RSSI from the Device Health screen in the Ring App and take a look at our Community post on RSSI here. That post will explain how RSSI works and link to some resources on improving it which will ensure your Doorbell has a stable and reliable internet connection.

If the RSSI looks okay and the Doorbell is still not holding a stable connection, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a deeper look at your device and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what support suggests, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: