Doorbell2 no longer showing as hardwired.

I noticed this morning my Doorbell 2 is showing “Battery” in the app and no longer hardwired. The battery is down to 44%.

I removed the doorbell and checked the connections with my multimeter and it is at ~20VAC coming in, but the doorbell still thinks it is on “Battery”.

Can I get a replacement for the unit? Thanks!

Hey @travbooth. As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, if you are wishing to get a replacement device, you will need to reach out to our support team directly here. Although, I’m happy to help out here to see if we can get it back to working! :slight_smile:

If you can, could you please remove the Quick-Release battery for 10 seconds then insert back into the Doorbell and observe the device for the start up light pattern. Once the Doorbell has rebooted looks like it is idle, check your app to see if it’s showing as hardwired for me! If it’s not still, please press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds, give it a few minutes, and tell me if you see it showing as hardwired then. Hope to hear back from you soon!

Sorry the online chat function redirects to here currently so I was unaware.

I did both the things you listed and it still is on “Battery” I will have to call them I guess.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Same here. Confirmed with voltmeter it’s still getting power. Recharging battery manually.

What gives?

RESOLVED

We were able to resolve this by performing the following:

1. Remove the battery from the device and charge it fully - overnight is best
  2. Reinsert the battery and wait for it to boot (about 2 minutes)
  3. Remove the device from your devices in the app - you will NOT lose your history
  4. Reset the device using the reset button and add it back using the app

Since you’re device is already attached to the house, you can’t use the barcode, but just use the continue without barcode function and it works!

1 Like