Doorbell wont charge

I have tried the orange usb cable it came with, i have tried other cables, I have tried plugging it into 3 laptops, i’ve tried plugging it into 2 different wall outlets, the ring button never lights up blue or white to show that its charging at all.

I have pressed the orange button and reinstalled it twice, that has worked, but it still wont charge.

Hi @UpstateCharlie! You’ve definitely covered all the right steps to get your Doorbell to charge. If you have not already, please try a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, perform another setup and then leave the Doorbell on the charger for several hours. After some time, your Ring app should show an updated battery level.

If this is not the case, it may require a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.