Doorbell will not stay connected to wifi

Hi,

I’ve had my Ring Doorbell Pro installed for about 5 months now with no issues at all. Suddenly in the last couple of weeks it has disconnected from the wifi and will not reconnect. I’ve reset the doorbell multiple times for it to connect during setup and then as soon as setup finishes it disconnects again. There have been no changes to the wifi service in this time and have even contacted my service provider to check on the router but everything is working properly. I have contacted the Ring support over the phone who had me reset it over the phone with them which, again, worked during setup and when I hung up and opened the app it had disconnected again. The support person mentioned a new transformer hook up but on the app it tells me the transformer voltage is “good”. I’m at a loss at this point and don’t know what to do. Seems like a lot of money for something that only works for 5 months. Help!

Hi @rbroadbent. What is the voltage and RSSI for your Ring Pro? This can be found in the Device Health menu of the Ring app. You’ll have to tap the word “GOOD” to see the actual voltage. Try rebooting your internet router and then checking again to see if there is an improvement in your RSSI. Also, if you are on a 5GHz, try switching it to a 2.4GHz, as this is a stronger connection. I hope this helps!

Hi,
When I tapped the voltage it said 19V. I’ve reset the router multiple times but I get the same issues. It suddenly started working on its own the other day for a while but it’s disconnected again. Is there a warranty or something for the device? I’m paying for a service I’m not getting.

I’m exactly the same here also. Hardwired. Stays connected for 15 mins and drops off and can’t reconnect. I’ve moved the wifi next to the bell still doesn’t work. Internet on full bars and nothing else is affected. Feel this has been a waste of money. Got it as my ex husband has been harassing me. This is required for my safety and my child. I really need help getting this working.

I have seen this solution on the YouTube. Good suggestions - but unfortunately didn’t work…

What is the rssi? I would recommend creating a seperate ssid specifically for your ring doorbell on the 2.4ghz frequency. For me for some reason the doorbell works best on channel 6

1 Like

How do I go about setting the doorbell to a specific setting on the modem?

That will depend what router/ modem you have

1 Like