Doorbell will not reconnect-cannot get blue spinning light

Our doorbell has stopped working and will not reconnect. I’ve rebooted the modem, attempted to reinstall multiple times and it is definitely charged as it has a solar charger. The blue light does not show at all when attempting to reconnect. We have had the doorbell approximately 16 months…

Hi @Karen27. Do you see any lights on the Doorbell at all when attempting to set it up again? I’d suggest resetting it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once the reset is complete, try to set it up again and see if you can get the Doorbell to go into setup mode as indicated in the Ring App.

If that’s not successful for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your Doorbell and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.

I have tried resetting and can get no light whatsoever…I will endeavour to contact someone but feel like my doorbell is dead after a very short life…

And we cannot get access to support as ‘chat’ is continually unavailable…we are in Australia

Here is what happened to mine. If you hit the reset button and you hear the pharse “updating” then your doorbell is in a update loop that it can’t get out of. I have good power and a strong WiFi signal but it still can’t get out of this loop. It will record if someone rings the doorbell but does not pick up any motion. I was told by support that my only option is to replace the doorbell. Unfortunatley i am a few months out of warranty so i will have to buy a brand new one for an issue i didn’t cause but is an issue caused by Ring. Kind of disheartening.

Sorry to hear about this experience, neighbors! If you’ve tried a reset by holding the setup button for 20 seconds to no avail, the best next step will be to ensure the device is fully charged, by charging using the included USB for several hours. If this concern persists, our support team will be happy to assist further.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.