Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
K
Doorbell suddenly missing motion and nothing has changed
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
motion-settings
My boyfriend takes a walk every morning at the same time, and the driveway Ring doorbell - it always picked him up, leaving and returning. The RSI has been the same for over a year From when we first got the doorbell and if I scroll through, I could see where I see him coming and going, but it’s not detecting. I have rebooted our router and our Netgear Orbi satellite, and there is no signal issue. It obviously is the doorbell, before I buy a protection plan I would like to see what rings response is. Our other Ring doorbell captures everything and that signal is weaker than the one in our driveway.

29-11-2023 03:02:19

Responses (3)

K
Proof but not detecting. It used to detect deee in the driveway in the middle of the night, not anymore Very frustrating ![IMG_0808|230x500](upload://pg0wwjsQshDCHqKOnWTxi02nnDe.jpeg)

29-11-2023 03:08:32

K
Here’s our car, doesn’t make sense it doesn’t pick it up. It used to pick it up as we were backing out of the driveway. Very frustrating. ![IMG_0809|230x500](upload://wVhwkihe4lhWXglMMwolw9FyXE1.jpeg)

29-11-2023 03:10:21

C
Hi @Khpickell121. Motion detection issues are usually resolved by adjusting the motion settings. I'd suggest reviewing your [Motion Zones](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/210243483-Using-Camera-Motion-Zones) and the Motion Sensitivity. Battery powered Ring Doorbells also have the [Motion Frequency](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003477106-Optimizing-Motion-Alerts-with-Motion-Frequency) option to consider. Please also keep in mind that a Ring Protect plan is required for access to video recording. Without a subscription, you can still access Live View and receive notifications.

01-12-2023 09:38:35

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User