Doorbell says I am not the owner

Ok, I received a Ring Doorbell 2 as a gift in 2019. I did the set up / trial and it worked but i never used it again after the trial expired.
So, trying to use it again here in 2021. I log into the app after resetting my password and now the device doesn’t show up and when I set it up it says the doorbell belongs to a different owner.
I may have used a different email when I set it up originally but it did reset my password so I doubt it.
What are my options?
Late at night here so chat not an option and would really like to follow up via email but can make a call tomorrow if necessary.

Hi there, @Cfred! When removing a Doorbell from an account, changing certain account information, or trying to add a previously owned Doorbell to another account, this can require additional verification. An automatic email was generated to the previous owner of the device during your attempted setup instructing to remove that device if they are no longer the owner. As it sounds like this email would go to yourself, I recommend checking your email inboxes for any emails from Ring. Check out our help center article for more information on the Change of Ownership process.

If this did not result in you regaining ownership or being able to setup the device, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.