Doorbell rings by itself

The doobell is not hardwired. Started happening today. Rang twice since this morning. No one at the door.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

Thank you.

Hey @patantoine. Could you try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds? After this reset, go into the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. This will take you through another setup of the device, and then let me know if you see this happen again after the fact! :slight_smile:

I did the reset…and the doorbell rang on it’s own again!

@patantoine Thanks for giving that a try even if it’s to no avail! At this time, could you please reach out to our support team? They can take a deeper look into this for us. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile: