Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
J
Doorbell ringing at 3AM
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
cs-support

I installed a Ring doorbell (purchased new) in July of last year. It is connected to the two wires from my existing doorbell. Since then, it has occasionally rung at 3AM, usually about 3-4 times. (There is no notification from the app, and checking the video shows no one there.)

Earlier this week, the doorbell rang continuously for several minutes, to the point that I had to cut the circuit breaker to the bell and ended up uninstalling the doorbell at 3AM. I had a notification for a low battery, but nothing else.

Has anyone dealt with this? I am unsure if this is being caused by software updates, a setting of my doorbell, or something else, but it is incredibly frustrating.

30-01-2024 05:47:13

Responses (3)

T

Hi @jonesamyk. What specific model doorbell is this? Do you know the model of your chime kit? If applicable, do you have a Pro Power Kit installed? This is information that could help us determine why this is happening.

01-02-2024 02:42:29

J

I have a Video Doorbell (2nd Gen). I don’t have a chime kit - it is hardwired to the in-home doorbell that came with the house. (I had it configured as Digital Type 1, which had the random ringing issue, so I switched it to Mechanical, which also had the issue.) I don’t have a Pro Power Kit installed.

@Tom_Ring

04-02-2024 12:49:15

C

Hi @jonesamyk. The box that rings inside your home when someone presses the doorbell button is also commonly referred to as a chime kit. The make and model of the chime kit should be either on the outside, or inside when you remove the cover. It would also he helpful to know what rating your transformer is. The Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) is compatible with transformers supplying 8 to 24 VAC, 50/60Hz, 5VA to 40VA.

06-02-2024 09:58:27

J

I have a Video Doorbell (2nd Gen). I don’t have a chime kit - it is hardwired to the in-home doorbell that came with the house. (I had it configured as Digital Type 1, which had the random ringing issue, so I switched it to Mechanical, which also had the issue.) I don’t have a Pro Power Kit installed.

02-02-2024 01:11:43

U

I installed our rings about 3 years ago , we installed where the old doorbell was at and i guess they connected the doorbell wire, so now at 3:36 am every morning doorbell rings. Kind of scary.

25-03-2024 08:58:49

C

Hi @user79636. This is typically caused by older buttons on the doorbell failing or an incompatible chime kit. Since this is happening at the same time every night, we’d definitely like to take a closer look. You can get in touch with our support team by sending a message on Facebook @Ring.

26-03-2024 09:26:44

U

We just had this same issue last night. Our Ring is hardwired into our doorbell and rang at 3:20am last night. The sound was the old doorbell sound. The light was blinking on the Ring doorbell. No one was detected at the door and we did not get a notification that someone rang the doorbell. We have had this installed for over a year.

29-03-2024 01:46:25

C

Hi @user79880. I’d recommend following up with our support team either via phone or on Facebook @Ring. Our support team can help diagnose the cause of the issue, which is usually the wiring or an incompatible chime kit.

29-03-2024 06:03:59

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User