Doorbell ring sound not working on phone at times

Hi all,

My ring 2 doorbell sometimes fails to notify me on my phone when someone presses the door bell. This doesnt happen all the time but latley it has, the only thing i have done different is i have added a chime and it works perfectly when the doorbell is pressed.

When it works properly when someone presses the doorbell the chime sounds and my phone also notifys me with a doorbell sound, but when it fails i can here the door chime working and i get nothing but a motion detection sound on my phone.

As i said it works at times and other times it fails, any ideas what might be going on?

Hi @Top-Dad. Based on what you’ve described, it sounds like the concern is isolated to the notifications coming through on your phone only. I’d suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. Let me know if that takes care of this for you! :slight_smile:

When someone presses the doorbell, it don’tsound on my phone only in my house, why?

Hi @daddylen. You’ll want to ensure that Ring Alerts are enabled in the Ring App, and that the volume on your phone is turned up. In addition, try following the steps in my previous reply. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look at your device and offer more advanced support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi,

No reinstalling didnt work, my wife has the app on her phone and hers doesnt ring also at times.

But today mine rang and hers did not, yet she is in the same room as me.

Frustrated.

I am also having this issue no notification of the door bell being pressed all notifications on . Deleted and rebooted the app and the door bell .
Still not working am at a complete loss .

Hi @Keri1973. There are settings in the Ring app and on your phone that can prevent notifications from coming through. Please review the troubleshooting steps in our Community post here to make sure all of your notification settings are set correctly. If that information does not help, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.