Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
N
User Solution
Doorbell randomly ringing in the middle of the night
hardwired-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

For the past month our ring doorbell has been randomly ringing in the middle of the night and when we check the cameras no one is there. What can we do to fix this?

13-04-2021 02:32:16

Responses (20)

T
User Solution

Hi @Nithak27. I would inspect the wire terminals on your Doorbell and chime kit to verify that they are securely fastened. Also, inspect the button on the Doorbell for any excessive wear. These can contribute to what is known as “ghost dings”.

If you’ve verified the above mentioned areas, but are still having ghost dings, you can reach out to our support team to run some additional tests to identify what might be happening. Please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

14-04-2021 11:54:01

K
I’m getting the same thing, it’s been two years and randomly this started last night! Rarely anyone rings the doorbell, so it can’t be wear and when I tried ringing, it’s not ringing normally. It’s hardwired and battery is fine. All camera functions are fine. Since the early evening it’s gone off probably 8 times and now it’s 1:30 am

19-11-2021 09:27:15

A

I had the same thing this morning at 3.45 my door bell just randomly went off for no reason when i checked there was no one there and the video keeped going for a couple of minutes now i have dogs and they always bark when the door bell gos off but this time they didn’t dose anyone no what it could be its not a wired door bell

29-12-2023 07:49:12

J

Hi @Amandayltaylor823. If its not wired and the doorbell button does not seem to be getting stuck, its best to reach out to our support team to further investigate this with you.

01-01-2024 05:20:02

R

Last night (01/09/2023) around 1 AM our doorbell rang, setting off the dogs and waking us up. A few moments later it rang again. We were surprised to find no one at the door and no sign that anyone had been there. I contacted Ring support today and they suggested a wiring issue in our house may be causing a short circuit that makes the doorbell ring falsely.

I’m sharing my experience because I’ve seen quite a few complaints of unexplained “ghost rings” from other users, especially around the 2-year mark. It may be emerging as a wider issue that Ring might want to investigate further. My goal is not to accuse, but to constructively bring this to light so Ring can understand what’s happening so solutions might be found.

I’d be happy to collaborate with Ring to troubleshoot my situation if helpful for getting to the bottom of things. In the meantime, I plan to document when this false doorbell activation occurs and any patterns around it. Please feel free to reach out if I can provide any information that would aid in determining the cause. I have otherwise been very pleased with my Ring doorbells and would like to find an explanation for these occasional false alarms.

09-01-2024 03:37:02

U

The is a result of your ring system doing a “health check”. If you look at the health check log, it will show the time you heard the chime in the middle of the night. I’m trying to figure out how to turn that off. It can spook you in the middle of the night. Sounds kind of creepy. 

14-07-2024 09:47:58

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User