Doorbell randomly ringing in the middle of the night

For the past month our ring doorbell has been randomly ringing in the middle of the night and when we check the cameras no one is there. What can we do to fix this?

2 Likes

Hi @Nithak27. I would inspect the wire terminals on your Doorbell and Chime kit to verify that they are securely fastened. Also, inspect the button on the Doorbell for any excessive wear. These can contribute to what is known as “ghost dings”. If you’ve verified the above mentioned areas, but are still having ghost dings, you can reach out to our support team to run some additional tests to identify what might be happening.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I’m getting the same thing, it’s been two years and randomly this started last night!
Rarely anyone rings the doorbell, so it can’t be wear and when I tried ringing, it’s not ringing normally.
It’s hardwired and battery is fine.
All camera functions are fine.
Since the early evening it’s gone off probably 8 times and now it’s 1:30 am