Doorbell Pro won't stay connected to wifi

I bought the Doorbell Pro about three weeks ago and it hasn’t worked a day since. It will connect to the WiFi, but it disconnects after about three minutes each time.

Here are things I’ve tried:

1. Taking it out and rewiring it back in, no help (last reported voltage is always about 4012 mV)

2. Restarting the router, no help (other devices work on the WiFi fine)

3. Splitting the WiFi into 2.4 and 5.0, no help (only Ring products are using the 2.4 band currently)

4. Buying a Chime Pro because tech support said the twenty-five feet from my router to my front door is too far, and that the glass storm door impedes the flow of WiFi (which sounds fake, as WiFi devices also work outside the house, but I thought maybe the Pro was built to make us buy Chimes to go with it)

5. Moving the Chime Pro to various outlets around the front door, including an outlet that’s parallel to the doorbell instead of behind the glass storm door, no help (also frustrating because I had to reconnect the Chime Pro each time as well)

So… I’m at a loss here. The Chime Pro stays connected to the WiFi just fine. The Chime Pro’s RSSI is -55 and the doorbell’s last reported RSSI is -57. Do I have a lemon of a doorbell?

Hey @kkharper. Do you have other Ring devices already connected to your network? You may need to adjust your ports and protocols on your system to allow the Ring device to stay connected. Feel free to check out more information on this in our Help Center Article here. If you find you still cannot get the device to stay connected, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hi! I have a Chime Pro that’s had zero connection problems. I’ve called the support team several times and they “help” me reconnect to the WiFi, but haven’t stuck around to see the disconnection happen again. I got an email this morning that they’re sending me a replacement, but if that one also doesn’t work, I’ll keep the port situation in mind.

1 Like